My MiL's Music

Minding

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am exploring wireless speakers for an older Windows PC for my 84 year old mother-in-law (MiL). My MiL keeps it simple. Her music is in her Amazon music library and she wants to play from there -- no apps. Her computer is in her office and she wants to play music (Three Tenors, Mormon Tabernacle, that kind of thing) in her 25'x14' living room. She doesn't have a great ear, but the sound should be good enough to appreciate the music.

Are there decent wireless speaks in the $200-400 range that don't require use of an app?

Many thanks and best wishes for the season and New Year.
George

mymutter

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
Hi there,

There are speakers that you plug into any electrical outlet in your home. They actually run the audio signal from the source through the electrical system in your house. So at the computer, you would plug the adapter into the wall there, and in the room you want audio, plug it in there. I have not tried doing much research on them, but they do exist. Hopefully that helps a little (they because less popular since wireless and bluetooth are cheaper to make)

Minding

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks. If you know of a particular speaker that would be helpful. In my research the only solution I came up with is using radio frequency (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/278322-REG/Terk_Technologies_LF30S_LF_30S_Wireless_A_V_Transmitter.html).

TRENDING THREADS