My Mophie Powerstation Duo Not Powering Canon Camcorder

jdfraz1127

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Powerstation will not power on my camcorder so I can continue to video what I would like. The Mophie will power on the camcorder and show me what I have saved and will allow me to watch. Canon Vixia HF R400 is the camcorder. If the Mophie is a power bank why will it not power on my camcorder so I can continue videoing?

Thanks,

Marc

Solution
I could be wrong but I don't think they were designed to power camcorders for recording purposes. Could be it has just enough power to charge the battery but not run the camcorder while recording. How long are you recording for? I only ask because it seems as though the camcorder battery does not last long enough. Do you remove the battery from the camcorder when it is not in use?

This is what I could find on the Canon BP-718 battery:
Capacity Minimum: 1790 mAH
Typical: 1840 mAh
Rated Voltage 3.6 VDC
I could be wrong but I don't think they were designed to power camcorders for recording purposes. Could be it has just enough power to charge the battery but not run the camcorder while recording. How long are you recording for? I only ask because it seems as though the camcorder battery does not last long enough. Do you remove the battery from the camcorder when it is not in use?

This is what I could find on the Canon BP-718 battery:
Capacity Minimum: 1790 mAH
Typical: 1840 mAh
Rated Voltage 3.6 VDC

Solution

jdfraz1127

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

Hello and thanks,

What I found out is if you try to connect the Mophie to the Camcorder it gives it too much power and the camera shuts off. I found that if I also connect my phone to the Mophie at the same time the power distribution makes it so the Canon does not have too much power and remains running via the Mophie. This works great, when the regular battery on the Camcorder runs out I plug the Mophie into it and it stays powered for as long as I need it, 2-4 hours. Thank you,

Thank you for sharing that. Always good to learn something new.