my mother's tablet will not charge or turn on ?

Solution
OK, so it won't turn on no matter the outlet and no matter the charger. I am assuming the chargers are working for other devices then.

First, see if there is a reset button on the tablet (it would be a little hole you can stick a pen in) press that, and then try charging. If that doesn't work, Try pressing the power button for 20 seconds and then try charging it. Sometimes, if they device is allowed to completely drain, then it doesn't like to restart without issue.

If none of the above work to resolve the issue, there could be a few other things that are the cause.

One, the power button could be stuck. Two, the battery could be in need of replacing. Three, the charging port could be damaged. Four, the tablet could need replacing...
OK, so it won't turn on no matter the outlet and no matter the charger. I am assuming the chargers are working for other devices then.

First, see if there is a reset button on the tablet (it would be a little hole you can stick a pen in) press that, and then try charging. If that doesn't work, Try pressing the power button for 20 seconds and then try charging it. Sometimes, if they device is allowed to completely drain, then it doesn't like to restart without issue.

If none of the above work to resolve the issue, there could be a few other things that are the cause.

One, the power button could be stuck. Two, the battery could be in need of replacing. Three, the charging port could be damaged. Four, the tablet could need replacing.

If you feel comfortable opening up the device, you can try to see if the power button (or any other button) is stuck, which would keep it from working). You can also replace the battery and/or the damaged port (which is attached to the motherboard). However, if you don't feel comfortable doing so, you would need to get a local tech to do this for you.

Solution