my new laptop suddenly became laggy

Jun 6, 2018
hi... i just bought acer e5-476g, at first time i use it everything runs normal... when im playing games i always get 70-80fps at max setting... but after 3 days... suddenly everything became laggy... i only get 30-40 fps but its laggy like 15fps... i didnt change anything..
and sometimes i get random error 0x000something... is it because of faulty hardware?

Solution
If it's not a thermal throttling issue, the other likely cause is your operating system may be infected by malicious code (i.e., virus, worm, rootkit, malware, ransomware, etc.). If you haven't done so already, buy one of the higher rated protection software kits and then download the latest definitions and updates for it. Next, run a full (complete) scan of all of the drives on your laptop. Note: The scan may have to be ran in safe mode as well in order to fully remove specific infections.
Jun 6, 2018

check your temps, its prolly thermal throttling

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
If it's not a thermal throttling issue, the other likely cause is your operating system may be infected by malicious code (i.e., virus, worm, rootkit, malware, ransomware, etc.). If you haven't done so already, buy one of the higher rated protection software kits and then download the latest definitions and updates for it. Next, run a full (complete) scan of all of the drives on your laptop. Note: The scan may have to be ran in safe mode as well in order to fully remove specific infections.

Solution