My OS of laptop is format plese help me to take backup

Saurabh69

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Hello!

My OS of (hp) has formated (don't ask how it's a VERY long story)
I tried using my recovery drive that I created to return my laptop to factory settings, but it won't reinstall windows. suppose it's missing the essential files.

I have a Computer with the diffrent OS, and I would like to know if it is possible to copy and paste everything from my working computer HDD

And then into my external HDD. I would then use the Boot Override in setup utility (F2 in Start-up), boot from my external HDD and copy and paste everything from the external HDD and into my HP internal HDD.

Solution
The only thing you can do on the other computer is download an ISO file of the operating system you need. Right now the only thing you can get from Microsoft is Windows 8 and 10 for that. To use a recovery disk you will need the operating system disk or a backup you have made before.

You can't copy the Windows files from another computer and have it work in another system.
The only thing you can do on the other computer is download an ISO file of the operating system you need. Right now the only thing you can get from Microsoft is Windows 8 and 10 for that. To use a recovery disk you will need the operating system disk or a backup you have made before.

You can't copy the Windows files from another computer and have it work in another system.

Solution