my pc connects with hotspot but says no network access

Oct 29, 2018
It connects with my phone but says no network access while i am trying to ho to internt what should i do with the problem on my laptop

Do you have a data plan on your phone? If not, then you won't be able to access the anything on the laptop. Also, if the plan is restricted by the carrier/service provider, that could also cause this.

If you do have data on the phone, and you have confirmed with your carrier/service provider that there are no limitations on the data access, then you can try shutting down the hotspot and restarting (turning off and back on) the phone. Then turn on your phone's hotspot again. The same way you would connect to any WiFi.

On the laptop, forget the hotspot info, reboot the computer (turn it off and back on) and then try to connect to the hotspot again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 2
T Android Smartphones 1
H Android Smartphones 1
buialex889 Android Smartphones 0
Cat1998 Android Smartphones 1
Stephsniz Android Smartphones 1
shivranjani324 Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
E Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 1
bonjourbob Android Smartphones 2
M Android Smartphones 2
P Android Smartphones 1
Similar threads
Question The mobile phone can't connect to the internet with this particular sim card, but this sim card working fine on another mobile phone.
Question LG G7 One: can I connect to my TV sans wifi?
Solved! Tethering works if phone connected to wifi but not if using mobile data network
Question Devices wont connect to wifi
Question need to connect my cameras to cell phone
Question What are some Android games that support multiple gamepad connection at once for local multiplay on a single screen?
Question Problem with wifi connection
Question Why Does Samsung default email app not connecting to AOL Mail?
Question Is there any way to turn off charging when connected to android auto?
I set up my mobile hotspot i connected my other phone to it but it takes me to a metro pcs page to sign in but it doesn't show
I use galaxy j5 and BB Z10,the BlackBerry sees my j5 hotspot name but when I try to connect it,it won't connect I tried connec
Friend CAN'T connect to Hotspot?!
Im trying to connect to my friends phone hotspot it says im connected but phones wifi meter still has a lock beside it?
Can't connect Lenovo T470s to Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge hotspot
Hotspot connection issue
Im trying to connect to my roommates mobile hotspot but it keeps telling me to sign into the network he has a metro pcs andrio
Ps3 connect hotspot
Connecting my smartphone (Moto X) to a public WiFi hotspot
Android can't connect to public wifi hotspot
Why cant I get out on internet after Xp connects to my Android Hotspot

ASK THE COMMUNITY