Solved! My phone has been hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favre_orite

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I want to get control of my phone back but I don't know how hacker got in. I have a cheap Android A571VL model.

I'm positive an apt neighbor has gotten control over my phone. I've also gotten some confirmation of that from AV software messages on the phone.

Messages like Network may be monitored.

Not being able to access internet with wi-fi or 4g (unless using my home wi-fi).

Also,
I've had my phone recorder app turned on remotely as per a AV message.

I have only a few trusted apps. The sound recorder is a factory app.

Zone Alarm msgs:
Quadrooter vulnerability found.

My device is vulnerable to CVE-2016-2059 (need to update OS, malicious apps might try to exploit vulnerability).

My OS is vulnerable to the certifi-gate vulnerability.

This is so overwhelming! I also am quite certain he got access to my PC. Since, I now use an ethernet cable between PC and modem. Zone Alarm Firewall in 5 days my PC has blocked 1200 intrusion attempts.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Solution
Simple fix, reset your phone to factory defaults, will wipe it and load the system like it was new. You will need to copy your files from backups of cloud storage, same thing for your contacts. If they are not stored in your GMail or some other account, move them to that so you can restore them, or just write them down.

For the computer, contact your ISP and ask them to change your IP address and look into the issues. If you do not have a router between your modem and computer, get one.

The messages about the network may be monitored is the normal one you see when using a public unsecured internet connection.
Simple fix, reset your phone to factory defaults, will wipe it and load the system like it was new. You will need to copy your files from backups of cloud storage, same thing for your contacts. If they are not stored in your GMail or some other account, move them to that so you can restore them, or just write them down.

For the computer, contact your ISP and ask them to change your IP address and look into the issues. If you do not have a router between your modem and computer, get one.

The messages about the network may be monitored is the normal one you see when using a public unsecured internet connection.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.