My phone shows connected to my WiFi but it's not what should I do ,I have checked date and time even tried to changed mu my IP

1. Try and restart the phone. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the phone.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the phone to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the phone.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the phone and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Now, if you are still having the problem at this point, and you are sure it isn't the modem/router that is the problem. Then you may wish to try a "Hard Reset" of the device. However, I really suggest saving this as a last option (or last before parts repair/replacement).

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

1. Try and restart the phone. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the phone.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the phone to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the phone.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the phone and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Now, if you are still having the problem at this point, and you are sure it isn't the modem/router that is the problem. Then you may wish to try a "Hard Reset" of the device. However, I really suggest saving this as a last option (or last before parts repair/replacement).

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

Niki_11

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0
W Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 11
B Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
H Android Smartphones 1