my samsung galaxy 10.1 note suddenly stopped working. wont charge. (and yes im using origanl charger) so when i push both powe

Israel Andrade

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
It is simple enough to get into the case and replace the battery, which you can get from Amazon or EBay. Be careful with the ribbon connector clamps. They break so easily. If they break you will never get a good connection. Your only option is to send to Samsung Depot Repair and they will fix for a nominal fee. if you send in, REPORT EVERRYTHING wrong with the tablet. for example, my tablet also needed to have the stylus replaced under the flat fee, but because it was not initially mentioned, Samsung returned the fixed tablet with a broken stylus.

Steve_26

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015

Mine started to not charge. Replaced battery and still no charge. When charge port was loose I plugged charger in and it would work intermittently if moving the flat ribbon . I believe the ribbon is located behind cover where I held device and that pressure caused an open in the ribbon. Replaced USB charge port and all is good. Mine was around $8.00 on Amazon from China. Ordered one from California and it was used and did not work. Ordered two more from China and both worked for spare.

Majamotor

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
Im not sure how many of you still have this issue, or have upgraded to next revision of this tablet. I bought it for a replacement as Im upgrading shells an replacing a keyboard on my white acrylic macbook. Ive been sooo disappointed with its performance :( I too had this charging issue. at first it took a few hours to charge, then 8! then only to 13%. I saw others had same issue. i think, when it is loaded with apps the battery drain is huge. might only be one app causing the drain. However, I am a mfg tech, trained from the ground up. plugging in parts for circuit boards to high tech machines to board level repairs to reverse engineering. 35 yrs. I never recommend tearing into equipment unless you actually have confirmed the issue warrants that. research is the best way to discover a good fix, unless you have everything at your finger tips and can do diagnostics.. but I also believe never take no for an answer. which brings me to this fix.
if it is a charging issue, most likely not the internal battery. I have been struggling to like this device lol. No charge, then would charge tells me after trying a few different tests, that it is internal but not the battery. more than likely the 6 pin regulator is wrong out put for the battery. Finally saw the post by a guy who figured it out, more or less confirming what I was thinking. these tablets dont charge well with USB charger that comes with. 5.0 volt 2a is not enough. you need to buy the "super charger" as its called...5.3v to 5.5v 2A...standard wall plug connection with 30 pin connector to device. google it.
bam! This thing charges like a dream. I think it is a bug they didnt fully research when designing this model. I have no idea what the newer ones do.if they have same issues, but this thing fully charges in a couple hours. also, I couldnt multi task. would drain in a few minutes. now it charges while you do other things. so far problem fixed. crossing my fingers. oh and follow the directions...remove the new charger from power first, then disconnect the 30 pin connector from device pulling straight out. Pulling it away and out at an angle can mar your connection fingers that mate with the 30 pin connector, causing a bad connection. this is not a USB charger. ac wall mount w/30 pin connector. only cost 8$ free shipping

Melanie_54

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Had this problem with last Galaxy Note 10. Tried several chargers with no luck. Took back to tmobile, covered under warranty, had new one in 3 days. New one having same issues after only 4 days! Called tmobile customer support and another one is being shipped. If that one has same issues, will call Samsung.

Fabio_15

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

Dear Steve, could you send us a link to the connector made in China, in amazon store?

I have the same issue: I replaced the battery but it still does not charge (even if the charging icon appears).
The charger must be fine because it charges the tablets of my colleagues perfectly.

So could you provide the link to the products that worked for you, please? Thank you
Fabio

Jul 26, 2018
Cleaning charge hole on tablet or scraping charge pins of the cable is one way to get the charge working. However the issue is that adaptors do have life. When the original adaptor goes bad, it drains the note while on charge ! To test this out, use a USB cable to charge the mobile using a laptop. It would take a while but will reach 100%.

Solution is to get a new adaptor. But then you can also get a new cable because through travel and use it will also go bad too.

Anil