My samsung galaxy s6 keeps breaking my earphones

Rijck

Estimable
Sep 12, 2014
i have this phone for about 6 months now at first it seemed fine but after a while of using my official samsung earbuds suddenly the left ear stopped working and now i have new earbuds amd they just stopped working aswell and i'm sick of this, i can't buy new earbuds every month, how do i stop them from breaking or rather stop the left earbud from breaking please help

thanks

***Mod edited for swearing.***

Solution
i'll give you a warning here... watch the profanity. both your first post and last post had to be edited. this is a family friendly forum so keep things civil.

as far as why they are breaking that depends on your habits. perhaps the most common is that the cables used in earbuds are generally very thin wire so if the wire gets excessively tangled or experiences much force its quite easy to break the wire which severs the connection and the earbud stops working. another is that its possible to pull the connection loose from inside the earbud by pulling on the wire.

suggestions?
-buy wireless earbuds
-buy earbuds with thicker cables
-carefully wrap up the earbuds after use and keep them in a zip up case

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
You can't fix them. If you could, you wouldn't be asking how.

How do you know it's your phone? My earbuds live a very hard life. When not in use they are placed in a side pocket in my backpack where they get bumped all day. I get less than a year out of them before they break. I just get the cheap ones and carry a spare set.

Rijck

Estimable
Sep 12, 2014

why the <edited> are earbuds so fragile how do they break from being im my pocket <edited>

i'll give you a warning here... watch the profanity. both your first post and last post had to be edited. this is a family friendly forum so keep things civil.

as far as why they are breaking that depends on your habits. perhaps the most common is that the cables used in earbuds are generally very thin wire so if the wire gets excessively tangled or experiences much force its quite easy to break the wire which severs the connection and the earbud stops working. another is that its possible to pull the connection loose from inside the earbud by pulling on the wire.

suggestions?
-buy wireless earbuds
-buy earbuds with thicker cables
-carefully wrap up the earbuds after use and keep them in a zip up case

Solution