My Samsung tab A wont turn on and feels hot won't come on using reset + volume up. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL1983

Commendable
May 18, 2016
My samsung tab A was on charge I went to use it and was overly hot and will not power up. I've tried holding reset button and volume up but this doesn't work. Please help anyone

If it is over heating that is a problem.

I would suggest, first, if it is still under warranty, or you only got it recently, then contact the place where you got it, or the manufacturer. They can then repair or replace it.

If it not under warranty still, then you will have to try some other things.

The battery may be damaged and or not functioning correctly and need replacing.

I would also try holding down the "Volume" button for about 20 seconds and then put it back on the charger. See if it actually shows as charging. If it doesn't, then we are back to the battery being the problem.

Be sure to only do this while you are going to be around it. I say this because you don't want to leave an overheating device alone. If it does actually charge, and start, after this, but remains hot, you need to either get a new battery or have the device looked at. It should not be hot.

SL1983

Commendable
May 18, 2016
The device doesn't show a charging sign after the volume button is held down as advised. Where is the battery located in the device as it's hot on the top right side of the tablet. I'm guessing it's a battery fault.

Well before trying to pull it apart, which is what would need to be done to actually get to the battery (it is not meant to open easily, a major flaw in tablet designs) There are a couple of things you can try first.

You say when plugged in you get no charging icon? Are you sure it is actually charging then? I would check the cord first, and see if another cord can charge it, or if it's cord works on another device.

Should you choose to open it up, there are many guides online on how to do this 'safely' or as safely as possible. You would then need to very carefully remove the battery and replace it.

But as I said before, if it is still under warranty, that is your best option, to have them look at it or replace it. Once you open it up, the warranty would be void.

The only other that that would be suggested is a "Hard Reset" however you mentioned in your originally post that you have already tried that. While leads me to believe the device is not powering and the overheating is coming from the cord or the battery.

SL1983

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Thank you for your help and advice. I left my tablet to cool over night held down the volume button for 20 seconds the plugged in charger. This worked and the charge icon came on. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.