my school has lenovo T440's need your opinion.

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014
my school bought a lot of t440's (about 600) and my school has to keep buying new ones because the screens crack really easily and the batteries keep failing.
is this normal for these laptops or are they just crap and unreliable?

thanks

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014
they get them replaced and buy new ones so people have laptops to use it usually takes 3-6 months to get them repaired.
the laptops are quiet but when stressed have only 1-3 hours battery (way off the 12 hours Lenovo say) and the fan gets really loud the batteries get errors and constantly need replacing CPUS melt down SSD fail/crash (all our school work is on there) screens just crack/ get white spots randomly the plastic outer shell cracks and bends and bits fall off keys on the keyboard fall off very often and then the laptops go off for shipping.

just naming a few of the main issues that the T440s have are these common?

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014
my school wont do that we got asked what we wanted and the majority of the students said MacBook airs/pros and they went with these.

if we get to choose new ones next year I will consider the Asus Q550LF

thanks for all your help

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014

that laptop is great it has dedicated graphics decent i7 cd drive but can the hdd be changed for an ssd?

my school I know wanted laptops with small hdd space so it doesn't get filled with movies and games and can you get better batteries for it?

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014

no out of the box it has to charge for 12 hours and it has no touch screen the drivers crash constantly i5 4200u and HD 4400 graphics 4 gig of ram 4 hours battery when working break easily track pad is constantly doing things you want it to do keyboard is clunky and keys just fall off webcam colour is stuffed up mic quality is really bad if you think these laptops are great you must expect much from a laptop.