My screen goes black when I sign in

MarlenaB77

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
Help! I turn my laptop on and after I log in, the screen goes black and I have to shut it off & turn back on & I have to re-login. It's an ASUS touch screen, spent $1300 on it and it has been acting stupid lately. It's at least 2 years old and I rarely use it. Only for pictures, videos and online stuff occasionally. Please help...

Solution
Do you know how to boot into safe mode? Can you try that and see how it acts?

To boot into safe mode, you consistently press F8 at the very first screen you see. Keep pressing F8 (don't hold it down). You will come to the advanced startup menu, select safe mode. When you log in, it will be normal for everything to be bigger, don't worry about that.

Let me know what happens.

MarlenaB77

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
About 6 months ago I updated to the news Windows 10. But I've had Bullguard as my antivirus protection but the last few months it started acting crazy like this. Today I tried to get on it and it just wouldn't stay on the desktop. I'm so aggravated with it.

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Do you know how to boot into safe mode? Can you try that and see how it acts?

To boot into safe mode, you consistently press F8 at the very first screen you see. Keep pressing F8 (don't hold it down). You will come to the advanced startup menu, select safe mode. When you log in, it will be normal for everything to be bigger, don't worry about that.

Let me know what happens.

Solution