Solved! My seiki TV says no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2018
I'm trying to connect my VHS to my TV via an RCA cable, but it says no signal? I'm connecting it to the right port/input, but still it continues to say no signal. I also have an ATT u verse cable box. do i connect it to the box or TV? someone help ya girl out.

model of TV is Seiki SE222FS; VHS model: samsung dvd/vhs dual deck DVD - V4600C

Solution
You can't connect it to the cable box. That would connect to the HDMI input of the TV.
The DVD/VHS has two kind of video outputs. The component video output ( Y PB PR) will give you the best picture on DVDs but doesn't work for the VCR part. The composite video output (1 RCA jack) will work for both the DVD and VCR.
The TV has both type of connections so you could connect both of the outputs of the DVD/VCR or just the composite video audio. You would need to select the correct input for it to work.
You can't connect it to the cable box. That would connect to the HDMI input of the TV.
The DVD/VHS has two kind of video outputs. The component video output ( Y PB PR) will give you the best picture on DVDs but doesn't work for the VCR part. The composite video output (1 RCA jack) will work for both the DVD and VCR.
The TV has both type of connections so you could connect both of the outputs of the DVD/VCR or just the composite video audio. You would need to select the correct input for it to work.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.