My tablet randomly turned off during the night and I checked once I woke up and tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't.

Jun 28, 2018
It just randomly turned off and I know it wasn't hot or charging. I had no tabs open at all and it won't stop powering off. I can't get to the apps I want to, I can't find the answer I'm looking for so this is all I have left. Well besides the place I got it from, they can help but I feel like I can solve this with just the Internet for now. If not I'll go to the place I got it from and see if they can help but either way, I'd like some help please and thank you.

Solution
If it is a new device and doing this, you should get them to look at it. It could be a hardware issue.

In regard to software, well I would suggest turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it still randomly turns off. If it doesn't then the problem is something on the device. Bad app, malware, virus, etc. that will need to be removed to fix the issue. NOTE: Most apps will not work while in "Safe Mode".

If it won't stay on, even in "Safe Mode", then take it to have it looked at.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until...
If it is a new device and doing this, you should get them to look at it. It could be a hardware issue.

In regard to software, well I would suggest turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it still randomly turns off. If it doesn't then the problem is something on the device. Bad app, malware, virus, etc. that will need to be removed to fix the issue. NOTE: Most apps will not work while in "Safe Mode".

If it won't stay on, even in "Safe Mode", then take it to have it looked at.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS