My Toshiba Satalitte 855 started with the error "Bootmgr is missing" How do I fix it

May 2, 2018
Everything has been working fine since I replaced the HDD with a bootable copy of win 7. I've been using it for a little over a month, my ISO image needed to be activated but I mixed up when I put an ISO of win 7 pro and my key id# is for ultimate or starter win 7. But that's here nor there at this moment. That was a week ago, I've been using it daily. I even created a backup using a USB and made a recovery partion. I tried the ctrl+alt+del to restart it, even tried to get into BIOS, Safe Mode, Recovery and Nodda, Zilch NOTHING.
I'm by no means an expert, but I do know my stuff.
So what am I missing here, it's got to be something obvious that I overlooked here. Ok so someone out there humble me and tell waz up. This is my backup computer for my business and I can't afford to do it all over.

Solution
How to fix "BOOTMGR is Missing Errors"...

1. Restart the computer. Sometimes this is all you need to do.

2. Check your drives (CD/DVD/USB) and make sure nothing is in them. Often the error shows up if your computer is trying to boot from another device, disk, etc.

3. If this is happening regularly, you might want to look into changing the boot order in BIOS, so that your hard drive is listed as the first boot device (if it isn't already).

4. Perform a Startup Repair of Windows. Doing this should replace any missing or corrupt files, including BOOTMGR.

5. Write a new partition boot sector to your Windows system partition. This may correct any possible corruption, configuration problem, or other damage.

6. Rebuild the Boot...
How to fix "BOOTMGR is Missing Errors"...

1. Restart the computer. Sometimes this is all you need to do.

2. Check your drives (CD/DVD/USB) and make sure nothing is in them. Often the error shows up if your computer is trying to boot from another device, disk, etc.

3. If this is happening regularly, you might want to look into changing the boot order in BIOS, so that your hard drive is listed as the first boot device (if it isn't already).

4. Perform a Startup Repair of Windows. Doing this should replace any missing or corrupt files, including BOOTMGR.

5. Write a new partition boot sector to your Windows system partition. This may correct any possible corruption, configuration problem, or other damage.

6. Rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD). Similar to the partition boot sector, a corrupted or incorrectly configured BCD could cause the BOOTMGR error messages.

7. Update your BIOS. An outdated BIOS version can, on occasion, cause the "BOOTMGR is Missing" error.

8. Perform a clean installation of Windows. While this should resolve any BOOTMGR errors, it is a time consuming process. Why? Well it will take a 'while' to back up all your data from the computer and then to reinstall Windows and finally, get updates, reinstall all your stuff, etc.

9. In the end, you may need to replace the hard drive, but that is the least likely cause.

Solution