My toshiba satellite is stuck in windows factory reset

emoy15

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
My Toshiba satellite is stuck in windows factory reset after pressing the power button and 0 key simultaneously, it is a Windows 7 Vista laptop...every power up, the laptop is directed back to the factory reset partion with an error notification hidden behind the initialization message...is there any way I can bypass the recovery mode without installing a new hard-drive?

Solution
That is why it's not booting, it wiped the system to do the restore but never got done for some reason. Can you read the error message? Are the other windows movable so you can see the error message?

Run a disk check on the drive, there may be an option in the BIOS for that or maybe from a utility CD like Ultimate Boot CD which has several disk check programs in it you can try. The computer vendor may have a boot disk you can make to check the system. You may need to get a new hard drive and either install Windows from a base disk or contact the laptop vendor for a restore disk set.

emoy15

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

emoy15

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
I started the reset then partway through it the reset failed and asked me to press OK to turn off the computer, when I did so and re powered the laptop it directed itself back to the reset like it lost memory of the last boot up

That is why it's not booting, it wiped the system to do the restore but never got done for some reason. Can you read the error message? Are the other windows movable so you can see the error message?

Run a disk check on the drive, there may be an option in the BIOS for that or maybe from a utility CD like Ultimate Boot CD which has several disk check programs in it you can try. The computer vendor may have a boot disk you can make to check the system. You may need to get a new hard drive and either install Windows from a base disk or contact the laptop vendor for a restore disk set.

Solution

emoy15

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

emoy15

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
yes, I have to move the "initializing partion" window in order to read the error message...I'll try and get a recovery disc from somewhere, if I can't then I'll just get a new hard drive...Thanks for the help