my tv wont turn on after I try for over an hour sometimes it will, but when it starts it works great with a beautiful picture

Solution
90 percent chance it is the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply board. Unplug the set and remove the back, find the main power cord receptical and follow the wires to the power supply board. The capacitors look like little beer cans with a flat aluminum surface on top. If any of them are domed up (not flat) or leaking they are bad (althought some can be out of limits without any physical symptoms). I buy mine in kits from lcdsolutions dot com, or a local electronics supply as radio shack doesn't have them all. Easy and cheap fix if you can do some basic soldering. Just youtube "tv capacitor replacement".

USAFRet

Illustrious
Bad button on the TV, bad button on the remote, low batteries in the remote.

To get any further recommendations, we'd need a lot more info on the problem. Make/model of TV, how it's turned on, what exactly happens (or doesn't happen) etc, etc

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
It could also be a backlight going out, or the control board.

I can't say for sure though, just going from my guesstimations from work, I replace a lot of TV's at work and some exhibit the same behavior and the running theory amongst the other techs are what I mentioned above. We don't actually fix them though, we just replace them, and send them to our bench techs who possibly just trash them, because I've never seen a fixed TV come back, they just send new ones.

usafchiefret

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
90 percent chance it is the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply board. Unplug the set and remove the back, find the main power cord receptical and follow the wires to the power supply board. The capacitors look like little beer cans with a flat aluminum surface on top. If any of them are domed up (not flat) or leaking they are bad (althought some can be out of limits without any physical symptoms). I buy mine in kits from lcdsolutions dot com, or a local electronics supply as radio shack doesn't have them all. Easy and cheap fix if you can do some basic soldering. Just youtube "tv capacitor replacement".

Solution

usafchiefret

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Correction on where I buy the capacitor kits, it is lcdalternatives dot com or amazon. I have bought two 42" LG LCDs TVs cheap on craigslist with your exact symptoms and fixed them with the kits. Cost was less than $20 each. If you're not comfortable soldering just ask a friend.

masaloi

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015

Did you sort out the problem ?
If so, what was the solution, Please.
Thanking You
Roy
mimasaloi@gmail.com