My TVs HDMI source is Xfinity ,, I feed it to my sr373 Onkyo receiver,,,TV looks and sound great through the 373. At times,, I

Aug 4, 2018
My TVs HDMI source is Xfinity ,, I feed it to my sr373 Onkyo receiver then to Sony Bravia ,,,TV looks and sounds great through the 373. At times,, I don’t want to turn on the 373, but there is no sound from the TVs speakers. I thought this would be an automatic thing, or that when powered down, the Onkyo would pass the audio through. Is there a way to pass all the HDMI info. through the 373 without powering it up? Is this even possible??

Unfortunately not true.

Not all receiver support passthru. Consult manual for final answer. (tip: no need to read manual back to back, just download the PDF and do SEARCH).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Audio 1
G Audio 0
N8 loco Audio 1
I Audio 3
R Audio 0
Smackiepipe Audio 6
E Audio 0
L Audio 4
jmba Audio 1
Sopdu Audio 1
B Audio 3
S Audio 1
E Audio 2
A Audio 4
L Audio 2
D Audio 3
R Audio 2
B Audio 2
J Audio 1
A Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Why can't I connect two audio sources via a (1 female/2 male) 3.5mm Y-connector to one stereo, assuming only one active source at a time?
Question How do i get sound on my lfe from 2.0 and 5.0 sources?
Solved! Where wound I plug audio source cable to the Marantz sr4320 resever & where wound the RCA jack white /red from the tv where wound I plug in my reseve
Question Simulate 5.1 surround in Windows 10 from 2-channel source?
Question 2 sources to 1 subwoofer with only LFE in?
Question Inherited a Bose Lifestyle 20 (subwoofer & 2 speakers). Can I hook this to non-Bose audio source (like Vizio TV)?
Question Noise Onkyo AV Reveiver TX-SR500E only optical source
Solved! Onkyo TX NR525 HDMI Video with analog sound from other source.I would like to listen to a analog source(Turntable) while using HDMI from my PC.
Solved! Transmit simultaneously 2 sources to one
Solved! 2 audio sources
Question M-Audio M-Track 2x2M with TV source?
Solved! 2 sources to 1 headset
Solved! 2 audio sources, 1 mixer, output into my headset only works through left ear
Solved! Looking to mix two audio sources into a single digital audio output
Solved! Is it possible to output 2 audio sources on 1 device?
Solved! Yamaha RX-V379 loses video if source auto shuts down
How can I connect 2 amps with 2 channels in each to the same source? Thank you.
Solved! multiple source to multiple speakers
Mixing audio between multiple sources into one?
The volume controls on my Pioneer VSX-820 Remote AXD7583 are not working. The power button and source buttons are working, bu

ASK THE COMMUNITY