My usb flash driver doesn't appear on my notebook

Sep 21, 2018
Just bought a cheap asus notebook from internet for me to be able to do my homework on it. It came with endless OS and I wanted to switch it to another OS. Then I realized that when I plug a usb flash driver, it doesn't even appear anywhere. I plugged a mouse, a keyboard and my phone and they all worked perfectly. Any ideas how can I solve this?

Aug 8, 2018
I'm not very familiar with Endless OS but I can tell that it's not a commonly used OS. It could be a software issue that can be fixed with an update.

If not, it's most probably just a formatting issue. Try and go on the notebook manufacturer's official website and hopefully you'll find USB compatibility format list, although I doubt they would advertise info like that.

You might need to try all the USB formats one at a time until you find the right one that's compatible.

HOW TO:
Go on Windows Computer > Plug in USB > Right Click USB > Format > Select desired format > Click Okay (This will wipe out anything on it).

Sep 21, 2018
I tried multiple usb drivers and none of them works, while all of them works on other devices. They don't appear on the bios menu either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 14
M Laptop Tech Support 0
matwes Laptop Tech Support 3
slydoge Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 4