My windows Xp won't start on my hp pavilion it is rather old and I'm worried I've lost data ie photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodipops38

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
A message of your windows Didn't start successfully a recent hardware or software change may have caused this It gives me options of restarting it using different choices and each one won't work

Solution
You may be able to retrieve your photo's or other files if the drive isn't completely dead. Doesn't sound like it is. If you have another computer put that drive in the other computer and remove what files you want to keep. If not you may be able to get into safe mode to run scan disk and hopefully that will allow windows to repair any sectors that are bad. Word of warning that is a good sign that the drive is dieing so it will only be a matter of time until it does.

indsup

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
You may be able to retrieve your photo's or other files if the drive isn't completely dead. Doesn't sound like it is. If you have another computer put that drive in the other computer and remove what files you want to keep. If not you may be able to get into safe mode to run scan disk and hopefully that will allow windows to repair any sectors that are bad. Word of warning that is a good sign that the drive is dieing so it will only be a matter of time until it does.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.