My Yamaha RX-V561 receiver wont provide sound when satellite dish being used with TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

43Jordie

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
Hi..I have the above-mentioned Yamaha receiver connected to 5 speakers & sub-woofer. It works fine with Blu-ray player used for streaming Netflix onto my Samsung 55" smart TV. We recently set up a Harmony remote & when it is switched to tv watching the sound stops. We had family here recently & I don't know if my son changed a button on the Yamaha remote or the Harmony remote & I can't get hold of him right now. I have tried everything including selecting the buttons directly on the receiver as well as both remotes. No sound! HDMI cables are connected to the bluray & the DVD outlet on the Yamaha receiver. Another HDMI cable is connected from the satellite receiver to the DTV/CBL outlet on the Yamaha. The Yam. rec. is set to DTV/CBL & I have chosen Enhanced Stereo-5 Ch. The mute button is definitely off on both remotes. This system worked until someone changed a button somewhere. Any help you can give me is very much appreciated. Thanks......
Jordie

43Jordie

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
I just had time today to tackle the problem again. I was making sure the HDMI cables were attached firmly when I noticed the dig. Audio cable was disconnected. I connected it & the sound is now working. Thanks anyway.....Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.