mrmark27

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
I currently have the creative labs zen vision m(which is great) but im looking for something small that I can use at the gym that wont be so large/heavy. I was looking at the 8 gig nano but dont want to be an isheep. Anyone have recomendations for something similar in size/space that I might want to go for. Dont need video as I use my Zen for that, just something that is sturdy, small, and I can store a lotta music on.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try the new sandisk Sansa View... it just came out and you can get either an 8 gig or a 16 gig. its a little bit bigger than the nano but its a good alternative. and, it has a memory slot so you could get up to 24 gigs...
heres and article on it
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9774540-1.html?tag=blog.1

can get 16 gig version at buy.com for 191.99.. not counting 10 dallar coupon if you use google checkout for the first time.
bad news is that at the time of this posting it is out of stock.....

honestly i think that the View will give the nano a run for its money considering you can get double the memory and an fm tuner... cant wait to get one myself.

hopes this helped...

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Thank for being educated, Nick. The Sansa View kicks the ipod in the 2#$ with value. The only drawback is this is a high demand mp3 player right now so you may have to wait a while. You might also take a look at the Sansa e280 which is an 8gb player.

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Creative players are known to have great sound. If you are going with the view or the e280 buy it from Mwave.com. Best prices on those products.