NASA to Reveal 'Astrobiology Discovery' Thursday

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Possibly a new hydrogen based life for on titan. i love the idea tho making communications with another civilization.. if this was the case i would hope there class 3 civilization with no intention to harm. but with all intention to help and correct are puny weak species and make us remember are true combined goal of survival as a race humans.

G

I suspect they have discovered a raft of Dyson Spheres and Ringworlds towards the galactic core. May be some craft seen decelerating into the solar system shooting out some strange exotic particles. Or it could be that they have found methane again.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]If I had a wish, it would be that they confirmed another m-class planet.Reality is that they will probably say they can prove how to derive the building blocks of life from a comet or something else equally mundane to our sci-fi overstimulated imaginations.Might big big for them, but everyone who tunes in expecting something shocking that flips their world upside down is probably going to be disappointed.[/citation]

Yeah, probably. I don't think they even found fossils of bacterial alien life (which would actually be a much more important discovery than people here seem to think). It'll probably be a breakthrough in chemistry or biology that won't really mean anything to people who are not chemists or biologists.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
This is very interesting. My guess is that either something's come out of the long term analysis of the dust plume from the moon collision or from long term analysis of the ground in the arctic regions of Mars with the Phoenix lander. If it was anything to do with Cassini then I probably would have heard rumours in my department - not sure if they'd hear about Huygens though.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
keep us updated guys!
I fear with the economy and stuff NASA will be announcing a stop in search of life, as opposed to many's opinions...

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I am hoping for some sort of fossil. Forget the bacteria and other stuff. I want a fossil! Some sort of human like being from mars or something. Yeah.

Rhynn

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Haha...well we know it's going to be something akin to "we've found ice with fossilized remains of microbial organisms on Mars". Not the "HOLY HELL...a death star!!!" notice. That announcement would have come about with a bit more...excitement, and less of a delay. ;)

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Buddy, if they all looked like Kara from Smallville I promise you'd see a MAJOR increase in development of extra stellar travel. SIGN ME UP!

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Joshua: Jimmy what is this ? An alien egg!!!!
Jimmy: Well Joshua. It looks like a turd, and smell like one i will go with my own opinion. ( If you want you stay with the egg theory)
Joshua: We don't know this life form, IT is an egg.
Jimmy: I can tell you you something joshua. It definitely came out of an alien rear. But i can tell you something that was not supposed to help then specie multiply

G

organism with silicon based nucleotide that uses magneto-synthesis would be mind blowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS