NCH software, is it reputed and reliable??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
NCH software . Is it reputed and reliable??
I've visited their site and interested in a software for invoice management.
However, their website does not look very reliable. I don't know if they can be trusted. Any one knows about them? Will their software contain any virus?

Solution
They're fine. I've downloaded their software a lot in the past, mostly before I had the means to upgrade to professional grade solutions. They might try to force a bunch of their other software on you when you download anything, but just try to decline as much as you can and uninstall what you don't need if it lands on your system anyways. It's nothing ultra-nefarious, just annoying.

Otherwise their AV software has some merits, namely the free versions which are at least somewhat usable, and the affordability of their paid versions, which is well below something like Adobe CC - albeit not half as functional or feature rich as Adobe CC. Their file conversions software is pretty decent.

In short, they are NOT a shady company. They have...

dwubin

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
They're fine. I've downloaded their software a lot in the past, mostly before I had the means to upgrade to professional grade solutions. They might try to force a bunch of their other software on you when you download anything, but just try to decline as much as you can and uninstall what you don't need if it lands on your system anyways. It's nothing ultra-nefarious, just annoying.

Otherwise their AV software has some merits, namely the free versions which are at least somewhat usable, and the affordability of their paid versions, which is well below something like Adobe CC - albeit not half as functional or feature rich as Adobe CC. Their file conversions software is pretty decent.

In short, they are NOT a shady company. They have okay products that will not infect your computer with anything, if nothing else.

Solution

dwubin

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

They're not that bad. I've experienced some of the things that article referenced. The others only occur if you're really dumb and don't decline any additional options when installing. The bloatware can mostly be avoided by being a good, vigilant, discerning user when downloading and installing. Ain't nothing a little UNinstalling can't fix - especially if uninstalled using something like CCleaner.

NCHSoftware

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017

Hi,
The article you are referencing is a bit outdated. There is no "bloatware" in NCH Software downloads and we only offer optional NCH products on install for free products. Here is a link to our safe download policy: http://www.nch.com.au/software/safety-guarantee.html We hope this clears up the confusion around our products.
-NCH Software Team

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

OMG. A member with name NCHSoftware replies me!!

dwubin

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
I have no financial interest in NCH Software, so I'll reiterate...it's fine. It does a pretty decent job at a number of different things. Yes, they will try to sell you other stuff. What do you expect? It's freeware!

So what did compel me to reply again to an ancient page on Tom's? My username hit Google Search front page twice with this thread. Amazing...

Now who wants to follow me on Twitter!!!

- dee dub

hoke

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
NCH Accounting software is beautiful - it links to invoicing and stock control and can automatically email invoices and statements to customers. I have used this to submit my business accounts for a number of years now without difficulty and problems. The program is stable and available for PC or Mac. It is not freeware and there is no bloatware and no viruses! Yes, you can download a free trial version which is time limited and yes, they will offer other products. Why not? They are a business and they're not making money by charging a monthly fee like other accounting programs do. Once bought, there is no monthly fee. If you are offered an additional program it's easy to say no thanks and you're not asked again. In the last 3 years I have only once been offered another of their programs when I added a new Mac version.

I wouldn't be without NCH Express Accounts. It even allows you to add business mileage.

biscuitcharley

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
They cost me thousands of dollars in lost invoice data, program wont start with rebooting my pc, reinstalling the software and restoring the data. It all crashes again when I leave the program. Not worth the money I paid.Every time I get it going, it sends dozens of statements to any client with an email in the list. I have spent days, weeks almost, rebuilding my database from on site paperwork and photographs of my computer screen with client lists, had to ask past customers for information... its embarrassing and has cost me clients. The technical support given has not yet solved the problem. I have switched to a different program while I rebuild my database and save what data I can gather.
If you are using NCH, make sure you back up loads and save everything to .csv just in case.

Feb 12, 2018

DON'T USE NCH SHIT SOFTWARE!! Cost me weeks of work when the Software crashed and made the project file unreadable. Have made 5 support inquiries about it not A reply - which shows you what customers REALLY mean to NCH.... Was using Videopad, debut, wavepad and prism - save the money, work and frustration and buy quality software!!!

Reactions: ferdieb
Status
Not open for further replies.