Need 5.1 surround to Bose LS 3

Apr 30, 2018
I have a Sony KDL-46SL140 , a Bose LS 3 5.1 Receiver and FireTV gen 2. How can I get 5.1 surround from FireTV to Bose. TV has HDMI and Optical out but doesn’t pass thru 5.1 only PCM 2 ch. Bose has optical in/out ports but no HDMI. Can 5.1 be split out to Bose as optical while all video goes to HDMI port of TV?

Solution
Well I got the part and it doesn’t work! I tried every setting on the Roku 2 from auto to all Dolby dTS settings. I tried them all and they all put out to PCM 2 ch stereo. I have the latest 8.0 fw on Roku too. I could try to downgrade firmware and see if that works.
I did try it with my Amazon firestick and it works great. Bose sees 5.1 Dolby and surround sounds great so I know the problem is not with splitter. I think I will buy another firestick or box anyway because Roku has a crappy UI for my PSVue Live TV service.
Apr 30, 2018
Well I got the part and it doesn’t work! I tried every setting on the Roku 2 from auto to all Dolby dTS settings. I tried them all and they all put out to PCM 2 ch stereo. I have the latest 8.0 fw on Roku too. I could try to downgrade firmware and see if that works.
I did try it with my Amazon firestick and it works great. Bose sees 5.1 Dolby and surround sounds great so I know the problem is not with splitter. I think I will buy another firestick or box anyway because Roku has a crappy UI for my PSVue Live TV service.

Solution