need a little advice about a virus

hiyall

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
so once upon a time i got a nasty bad virus. it would not go away even after getting detected and removed by what i have is malwarebytes premium. when it deleted it, it still had residue files left that would reproduce what was deleted. i had to manually hunt this sucker down and delete everything i could find.

so, what this virus was.. im not sure. it injected my google chrome with ads so bad that it throttled my speeds way down. this virus was created by some russian guy.

this virus i believe also keylogged my computer.. they gained access to my email i made 13 years ago when i was a kid. so i dont know any of my info so i could change my password. this email was linked to all my internet account such as ebay, paypal, amazon.. etc. they gained access to my ebay and made purchases with my paypal credit.. so yeah. ill speed this up

i formatted and reinstalled windows to make sure my harddrive was finally clean.

i use both windows defender and malwarebytes premium. if malwarebytes tells me "no, dont go there" i listen.

i made an adult email now with information that i can remember and am in the process of changing over all my webpage accounts to this email.

i run scans frequently.

i changed all my passwords.

that is that.. i am a little boggled though. i have changed my passwords before though and they still gain access to my account.. problem is. my password NEVER changes when they gain access meaning they dont do a password recovery. they literally are effortlessly walking into my accounts. so i thought.. they have access to my google account which saves all my passwords.. so i changed my google password and email.

any other suggestions i could try?

i abandoned my childhood email, i formated and reinstalled windows, changed all my passwords and changed emails

hiyall

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

just my phone which is android and using the same google account as on my computer. would changing my router settings do anything? when the person bought stuff on my ebay, i got their complete and full address and they live over in russia

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Also, make sure to change the router's admin password and your wireless network passphrase/password. You'll need to change the wifi info for all connected devices as well.

Then, I would recommend another round of account password changes (as it seems your "friend" has some of your current passwords if I understand you correctly).

hiyall

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

i just got done changing my passwords. changed my email as well

hiyall

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

i changed them before. i didnt really do too much but change the router login and make the network invisible as well as turning off remote access. i also checked connected devices and previous devices. all are mine. also my girlfriend has a laptop with her own google account and such and she has no problems. no hacking, no nothing. clean as a whistle