Need advice choosing new wireless headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakrazeedude

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hello everyone,
Recently, my old Logitech G930 headset ceased to work. Although I was rather pleased with them, I am looking to replace them with a generally better headset - especially in terms of sound.
Currently, I have my eye on the Steelseries H (wireless) and the Astro A50 (slightly leaning towards the Steelseries). However, the price tag for either is high, and so I want to be sure they are indeed a substantial upgrade over the G930.
To sum things up, I'd really appreciate it if anyone can provide some feedback on their sound, both in general and in comparison to the G930 (or similar - such as the Corsair H2100).

Thank you in advance!

gilbadon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
I know this is not what you asked but I thought I would put my tangent thought in. I have the gamecom 780 and despite being relatively low cost, they perform very well. I have a pair of $250 audiophile headphones and the gamecom 780's perform very similar. The only difference is they do not muffle ANY outside noise which would be nice for a computer headset. They are also not wireless.

At the end of the day, I guess I am saying take a look at plantronics wireless headphones too lol.

dakrazeedude

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
First of all, not ruling out anything - I really appreciate the advice!
However, I don't think they'll fit, since My GPU is actually very noisy (broken bearing, and out of warranty...) and I'm counting on these headphones to muffle it out somewhat.
As for the wireless, it's no must but I greatly appreciate it - it's really nice as I have to get up often while gaming. The models I specified meet these requirements precisely so I'm willing to pay a bit more for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.