Need advice regarding hdmi and splitting the audio and video feeds.

RochakB

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I would like to use my iptv box with my projector/screen and my new Samsung home theatre system. There are two options I have read online.....

1. Connect my iptv box (source) directly to my projector. Than run an audio out (red and white)from the projector to my new Samsung amp. Note my projector is older and does not have optical audio.

OR

2. Connect my iptv box (source) directly to an HDMI converter. From the converter send HDMI out to projector for picture and send optical audio to Samsung receiver.

Or is there a third option?
Which HDMI convertor should I use?
Note with option one there is more hassal as the projector is 25 feet away from source and amp, hence more long wire run with the rca audio wires.

I'm looking for the best option in terms of best sound.
Thank you

kanewolf

Judicious
If you want 5.1 audio only the second option will provide that. Third option might be to use an optical out direct from your IPTV box depending on the box. Fourth could be an HDMI splitter with an output going to the projector and one the the home theater. It just depends on the inputs you have available.

RochakB

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

RochakB

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
It's an infomir IP box.
So should I use any of the ports I explained that are available on the back of the box for audio to my new amplifier for sound?
Or is the HDMI convertor the best option?

RochakB

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
It's an infomir IP box.
So should I use any of the ports I explained that are available on the back of the box for audio to my new amplifier for sound?
Or is the HDMI convertor the best option?

kanewolf

Judicious

If it is more convenient, then I would try the optical OUTPUT port -- http://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/mag255/
See the INTERFACES section

Does your Samsung have an optical input ?

RochakB

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I have the Samsung H4530.
So if I can use this optical out port on the IP box to my optical input of the Samsung app, this is the BEST option in terms of best sound and picture? Compared to the HDMI convertor?
By the way thank you for your help, how do you know all this??