NEED BOOT UP CD TO FORMAT HDD

nosooner

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
"NEED BOOT UP CD TO FORMAT HDD" That is exactly what I am looking for. I have a computer that I want to install Windows 7 professional and I am told that I need to do a full format. So far, I have been only able to fill the HD with zeroes. I was told that I need to do a full format to iinstall an oem WWindows 7 Professional :bounce: syystems diisc. Can you adviise me as to where I can get the formatting software I need?

RyQril

Honorable
May 11, 2012
if you are looking for complete HDD format (all partitions will be gone, date, etc..) you might be need the exact windows 7 installation dvd boot and format option that is included or use Hiren's Boot CD. and boot the cd and use HDD tools.

goodluck :)

nosooner

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Thanks for your response. Since I don't aalready ave the windows 7 disc, I tried to forat using windows 98 and even ME. One of them told me that I could not format removable media? The other one, I could not figure out how I should set up the format commands. That is why I was searching for another method to full format the HDD.

nosooner

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012

Thanks for your response. Since I don't already have the Windows OEM software, I was skeptical in ordering it since I was told that you only get one shot at installing it. I will therefore google where to geet Hiren's boot disk as yyou suggessted. Thanks again.