Need help connecting TV, WII, to my old Surround Sound System

greys80

Estimable
Jul 23, 2014
Hello!

I need help hooking up my
Vizeo e321vl TV & Wii gaming system

to my older Panasonic DVD Home Theatre system, SC-HT680.

I'd like to have all audio (from broadcast tv, wii to go out of my surround sound) I've been reading on different ways but I'm very limited since the receiver doesn't have many options and few inputs. All I see on it is Composite Video out, AUX (1), video out and s-video out. Not sure if this is the way but would like to somehow add composite slots to my receiver so i can connect my 2 devices.

Would a component splitter work?

I attached specs of my devices below. Appreciate any help on what I need to do this. Thank you!

Tv specs:
Connections - Inputs
HDMI: 2 (rear)
Component: 1 (rear)
Composite: 1 (rear)
PC: 1 VGA (rear)
RF Antenna: 1 (rear)
Ethernet: n/a
USB Ports: 1 (side)

Connections - Outputs
Digital Audio Out (SPDIF) 1 (rear)
Analog Audio Out 1 (RCA) (rear)

Surround Sound:

Component Video Out Yes
S-Video Out Yes
Composite Video Out Yes
Digital Inputs No
Audio Inputs 1

Wii:
Video outputsComponent, RCA / composite, S-Video
Video formats576i, 480p, 480i
Audio outputsRCA stereo

Solution
All you have to do is connect the Wii to the TV with composite for video and RCA stereo for audio.
The HTiB would connect via component video for DVD playback. That gets you a better picture than using composite.
The TV would connect to the HTiB with the analog audio outs of the TV going to the audio input of the HTiB. That gets you surround sound on everything.
All you have to do is connect the Wii to the TV with composite for video and RCA stereo for audio.
The HTiB would connect via component video for DVD playback. That gets you a better picture than using composite.
The TV would connect to the HTiB with the analog audio outs of the TV going to the audio input of the HTiB. That gets you surround sound on everything.

Solution