Need help finding headphones

Galschar

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

A few days ago I bought the Asus Xonar Essence STX II sound-card and now I am looking for the right headphones to use. First, I know that the listening experience is always something very subjective. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a music shop in my region for listening. Therefore, I would appreciate your help to find the headphones that fit me.

The headphones that I want to buy are going to be used for music (Spotify Premium), movies (Netflix) and video games.

Let's start with my music taste as this is the most important thing. I listen to a lot of different music styles. It goes from pop, rap, house and electronic music to classical music. I listen slow paced music as well as fast paced music. What's sure is that I am a sentimental guy who loves to dance or dream/think when he listens to music. Here are a few examples of songs that I listen too right now: I remember by Saint Saviour, Gecko (Overdrive) by Oliver Heldens, Party Crasher by Nils Van Zandt and Mayra Veronica, Yellow by Robin Schultz and Disciples, Save Dat Money by Lil Dicky, Fetty Wap and Rich Homie Quan, Same Old Love by Selena Gomez, Jackpot by Inkyz, Lush Life by Zara Larsson, Paperweight by Joshua Radin, and many more. What I really like when listening to music is bass. I like to feel the bass in my ears and body. But the bass doesn't have to be too strong. This means that I have to feel the bass without it destroying the whole song, because I also like to listen to songs where you have to concentrate on the singers voice. Bass is also important for video games. For example for explosions, etc. But if the bass is too strong and someone talks/sings you can't understand it. In other words, I am looking for headphones where I feel like I am in the middle of the music. I want to feel like the music is directly in my head. I hope you understand what I mean.

Now, I did some research before I asked for your help and I think the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohms headphones might be a good choice. But I am really not sure.

My budget is a maximum of 600 Euro. But I would prefer spending less than 300 Euro if possible.

I really hope you can help me make the best choice.

Have a nice day!

Jonathan B.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
What website(s) will you be purchasing from? Do you need isolation and would sound leakage be a problem? Ideally you would want an open back pair.

I have owned the 80Ohm 770 PROs (sold them recently) before I upgraded. They had powerful and punchy bass but at times it could be slightly overwhelming. They had a V shaped sound signature meaning vocals (mids) were recessed compared to bass and treble.

Galschar

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
I will probably buy the headphones on Amazon or Thomann. I think I prefer isolation, because sometimes my PC is not quite silent and I don't want people on Teamspeak to hear what I am listening too.