Need help finding laptop for <$700, for minecraft and schoolwork

knj201

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
I have no idea what a lot of these numbers and codes mean. I just really need help finding a decent laptop for under $700 that will be good for not-laggy Minecraft and schoolwork. I will not buy Dell or Macs. Other than that, I'm really not picky - currently using my 5 yr old Dell Inspiron E1505 that has the power to burn my legs and blink stupidly at me, and nothing else. Seriously, it's lagging as I try to type this.

I really appreciate any advice.

KJ

knj201

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Something lightweight and at least a few hours of battery life at a time, because currently if I unplug, my laptop dies, and I need to be able to haul it to my classes. It'd be nice if it could run the Sims games, but honestly, I just want a laptop that doesn't freeze when I try to read Cracked articles or watch Netflix.

knj201

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
I've never actually bought my own computer before, so I'm not even really clear on most basic system requirements. I was under the impression that I was going to have to shell out at least $1000 for a laptop.

knj201

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Under 6 lbs. I can lug this thing around, but I'll be lugging chemistry books, too, and those things aren't light. And freeze like "Not responding" every few minutes. If I close my browser and reopen it, it won't do that as often for a little while, but eventually I can't scroll down a page without it lagging or "not responding".