Need help getting rid of virus

Phoenix6454

Estimable
May 8, 2014
So i was downloading some software that converts sound into different formats and they always give you options to skip all the extra downloads. Well apparently i downloaded a virus called pricecHOp (PriceHop) and it downloads automatically when you press skip on those things. I tried uninstalling from pc/browser and it disappeared from the list, and came back invisible now. It puts malicious ads on everything and i really need to rid of it. Any help is super appreciated.

Solution
Why is it people never think to use backup and restore in windows.?
Every time before you install a new program windows makes a back up of the OS where all the programs exist before you installed the current one that messed it up.

All you do is choose the date before you installed the hooky software.
Just pick the closest time stamp reference to a day before or a few days before.
And replaces windows registry entry to that point, getting rid of the problem Bang it`s gone.
That is why it exists. To undo silly hooky software.

In windows 7 or 8 type in the search bar Type: Restore.

Shaun o

Distinguished
Why is it people never think to use backup and restore in windows.?
Every time before you install a new program windows makes a back up of the OS where all the programs exist before you installed the current one that messed it up.

All you do is choose the date before you installed the hooky software.
Just pick the closest time stamp reference to a day before or a few days before.
And replaces windows registry entry to that point, getting rid of the problem Bang it`s gone.
That is why it exists. To undo silly hooky software.

In windows 7 or 8 type in the search bar Type: Restore.

Solution

Phoenix6454

Estimable
May 8, 2014

Looks like its all working good now. Thanks for the help guys. The reason i didn't try this first is because i recalled there was only the restore point to like factory settings or something. Luckily i was wrong lol