need help in choosing the right laptop for programming, web design and the like

deadmau375

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
need help in choosing the right laptop for programming, web design and the like. i'm a computer science student and i'll also take mechanical engineering in a couple of years. i cant decide which laptop to buy since i know there a lot of laptops that will be coming out in the next months. right now, i dont know if i should get a laptop or just wait.

my choices are: Asus X556UB-XX030T, Acer V3-575G-52GY, Lenovo 300-14ISK. all of them are running in i5 6th gen. i was told to get an Acer Aspire E5-551G which uses AMD FX7500 + AMD Radeon but some told me that it heats A LOT.

i'm just getting an i5 since i'm on a budget. i dont really know what to choose and i need something which is really powerful and blazingly fast. applications that i will be running will be first simple like java, but i know for the next schoolyear i'll be using some heavy stuff. im not that into gaming but i guess one of these days i'll try playing some.

thanks!

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
If you are going to do web design I would strongly advice going for the Acer out of the 3 you have picked. Only option with full hd, also has a better dedicated gpu if you need one. For java doesn't matter that much especially for school work, so generally speaking all of your options are good, however when doing design most of the people that will view your web apps will be using 1080p and trust me, when you start, you will just get it right in your laptop's resolution and it will suck in other resolutions, until you get the hang of it.