need help....mouse curser freezes sometimes

packersfan036

Estimable
May 27, 2015
my mouse curser freezes sometimes web page freezes etc, also right click on mouse takes a few seconds to come up on the screen. please help. windows 10 Lenovo legion y520 gaming laptop. also ive tried using a different mouse to. and mouse is hooked up to the usb on my laptop cooler.

Solution
"and mouse is hooked up to the usb on my laptop cooler"

Could be the fact that you haven't plugged the mouse directly in to a USB port on the laptop - - that's necessary to ensure proper mouse detection and function. Plugging a mouse in to an external hub or cooler is often the cause of erratic mouse behaviour.

If you haven't got a spare built-in USB port on the laptop then you'll either have to get rid of that cooler or use the laptop's touchpad instead of a plug-in mouse.
When it freezes, is there a lot running on the device? Or a lot having run? Also, when was the last time you restarted (turned off and back on) the laptop? These can all be factors in this as the more things you have done with the laptop, the less resources you have access to. I would suggest trying to watch when exactly it occurs. What was done, how long since rebooted, etc., to get a better idea of the cause.

"and mouse is hooked up to the usb on my laptop cooler"

Could be the fact that you haven't plugged the mouse directly in to a USB port on the laptop - - that's necessary to ensure proper mouse detection and function. Plugging a mouse in to an external hub or cooler is often the cause of erratic mouse behaviour.

If you haven't got a spare built-in USB port on the laptop then you'll either have to get rid of that cooler or use the laptop's touchpad instead of a plug-in mouse.

Solution