Need help moving apps to your SD card, or setting the SD card as the default download location? Look here first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are 3 tutorials we have up that provide a few methods to help you make the most of your SD card

The writers at Tom's Guide also have a little how-to that instructs you on how to move your apps to your SD card

Some things to note

Please understand that not all apps can be moved to your SD card. Some apps must be run on your internal storage in order to function.

In addition, as of Android 4.0, official SD card support was removed from Android devices. What this means is that any device running Android 4.0+ has varying degrees of compatibility when it comes to moving apps to your SD card, ranging from partial transfers to no transfers at all.

If your device is running Android 4.x or 5.x, it is very likely that you will not be able to move apps to your SD card. There are apps in the Play Store that can do this, but the vast majority of them require your device to be rooted.

This feature is returned (in a way) in Android 6.0+ in the form of adoptable storage. It functions by essentially turning your SD card into an extension of your internal storage; its capacity is added to your internal storage. There is no separation of internal and SD card here. For more information on this, please refer to the Android documentation for it.

Reactions: amlakeemantaghe
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Carolyne48 : "how do I ste the SD card to be the default on my - Nextbook 11 Ares 2 in 1 Android tablet?"

Reactions: amlakeemantaghe
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tmjsforever : "ii have an n ematic tablet and i cant get it to recognize my sd card or set my sd card to be my default storage"

MERGED QUESTION
Question from patsparks : "Need to set Samsung galaxy tab 4 sd card as a default . I followed all the steps but I can't find "means" Help Thanks"

MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ladyj2123 : "How to set the default location to SD card on a clickn kids2 tablet"

MERGED QUESTION
Question from AnneLaszlok : "How can I set the download Default location to the SD card on the galaxy notePro"

maikutech

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
Have you all got in touch with the company making this product ?
The only best way to get this fixed is through them, even if they have to replace your current product with a newer one.
I suggest you all speak to tier 3 technical support and mention directly when you insert the sd card.
The device is not reading the card or picking up on it, if they do not have any solutions.
Your best bet is to look into other devices that will do what you need + better.
Even if you do hate the other alternative its better than having a non functional product you payed good money for.

Shahzain124

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Shahzain124 : "please answer really difficult"

Hi.Please anyone I need to know how to copy my apps to SD card without rooting or jail breaking. I have tried apps2sd and many others but not worked.Someone really needs to know the answer.it is a qtab v11

CvGR

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from CvGR : "how to set preferred download location on sd card android 5.0"

When I download something at my Vodafone Smart Prime 6 it get downloaded on my internal storage instead of the sd card
PLS HELP ME:ouch:

Kenjie Carl

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Kenjie Carl : "How can i move my apps from internal memory to sd card on my oppo a37 please help me"

Please help me to move my apps from internal memory to sd card on oppo a37

Renoda40

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Renoda40 : "How to move music and game files from my internal storage to my SD card on a trio 10.0 Android tablet"

I have a trio Android tablet and I put a new SD card in. I can see where something's are on SD card but when going to settings then to storage is says SD card is mounted, but I can't move music and game files to the SD card. Because if this my tablet says memory is full and I have only had my tablet 3 days

Saro__

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Saro__ : "How can i get my tabs memory to move on my sd card"

How can i have my tabs memory to go on my sd card becouse my tab is full

Nicole_35

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Nicole_35 : "Proscan PLT-9604 (external storage)"

I want to turn external Micro SD card into internal storage (by default) on my tablet Proscan PLT-9604 . in storage I can see the 29.82GB available but when I tap -the three dot menu (top right) I'm not offered SETTINGS or any option to FORMAT. am I supposed to download an app (as some say) or is there a way to access FORMAT somewhere else in the tablet..? This has been very aggravating, and all the hours of research I've done - for days now!!! nobody ever mentions PROSCAN PLT whatsoever ! Please if anyone knows the procedure.. I WOULD BE SO VERY GRATEFUL :) Thank you :) Nicole

emy2017

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017

OPen settings app,swipe down application manager and launch it. Select the one you want. tap the one that says :"MOVE to SD Card".
Make sure you have a compatible SD card.
Apps can be accessed through the application manager, but wont be displayed the "move to SD card" option.

Wessam2017

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Wessam2017 : "I just want to know i change my download directory to sdcard"

Pls. Help how to change the download directory of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite

Monkhester

Prominent
May 12, 2017

I followed the same directions that you are referring to and have finally realized that "click means (press too)" really is saying that the word "click" also means "press." It adds nothing to the directions, just a side note.

Status
Not open for further replies.