need help with amplifier?

jdaniel 125

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
hello

so, i have this old 1999 aiwa stereo that sounds GREAT with music and movies. i currently have it plugged in to my TV using an RCA AUX to 3.5mm cable.

the only problem is. it only has 2 stereo speakers and 2 surround speakers. the surround ones only play background noises. so i want to add 2 more stereo speakers. but the reciever only has 2 speaker wire outputs.

so my idea is. i want to buy a cheap amplifier that has 2 speaker wire output jacks for more speakers. and 2 RCA input and output jacks. so i can use an RCA to 3.5mm cable to plug in my stereo to the amplifier's inputs. then i can use another RCA to 3.5mm cable to use with the amplifiers output jacks to plug it into my TV. do you guys know of any amplifiers like that?

Solution
Rather than kludging something by buying an amplifier, why not buy a true surround sound 7.1 receiver. If you want more speaker connections buy the right hardware. That way you can probably use HDMI to connect everything and get multichannel input to the receiver.

kanewolf

Judicious
Rather than kludging something by buying an amplifier, why not buy a true surround sound 7.1 receiver. If you want more speaker connections buy the right hardware. That way you can probably use HDMI to connect everything and get multichannel input to the receiver.

Solution

jdaniel 125

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015

i do have an old koss 7.1 system in my basement, but the sound quality is ABSOLUTELY terrible, there's barely any bass even with the bass turned up all the way. I could try looking for one at a thrift store though.

kanewolf

Judicious

What I would recommend is research brands and models that get good reviews and then see if you can find one on E-Bay.

jdaniel 125

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015

thanks for your help. but i dont need a reciever now. my dad gave me his old pioneer 7.1 home theater. it works perfectly