Need help with HDMI / Windows 10 audio problem

Sitch

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Hi

A friend and I are trying to hook up his computer (Multicom/customed made Clevo based laptop) which is running Windows 10, to my plasma TV / surround sound system. We tried googling solutions but none of them worked, Yes we updated the drivers, yes we went into sound options in the device manager and have made sure that the HDMI audio is connect/allowed etc... It says that its not connected, even though the cable is clearly plugged in. I've used the HDMI cables to plug in my playstation and other devices so there is nothing wrong with the sound system (Denon Receiver), the TV or the HDMI cable. Its the computer. it displays image, but no sound.

Any one help me? :)

Solution
Two things here.

1. You actually did confirm the HDMI port transfers out audio on this unit, yes? Some do and some don't, an HDMI port itself does not necessarily mean audio transfers.

2. You said you downloaded the drivers, but did you download the video/audio package available for that laptop? In order for this feature to work, you need the full blown package.

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Two things here.

1. You actually did confirm the HDMI port transfers out audio on this unit, yes? Some do and some don't, an HDMI port itself does not necessarily mean audio transfers.

2. You said you downloaded the drivers, but did you download the video/audio package available for that laptop? In order for this feature to work, you need the full blown package.

Solution