Need help with headphones for music and pc gaming

Dalton Stamp

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
Hi all I've been looking around and can't seem to decide on what headphones to buy for gaming and listening to music so I decided to ask the forums, my price point is £250-£300, preferably open back headphones, wireless or wired doesn't make a difference to me, and preferably without a mic

Solution
I would recommend the Corsair Void Headset 7.1 Dolby. They have a great sound to them. Solid design and structure. good value at approx £80. I use them for both Music and Gaming.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
if you don't want headphones with a mic, i would search first on a good big sony headphones model

if you don't like that type of headphones and need a specific budget, perhaps you could tell us what you like to use to recomend you better

the nerd 389

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
It really depends on what you want out of the headphones. If you want headphones that are as accurate as they get in terms of frequency and phase response, the Beyerdynamic DT880s are your best bet. Their only real flaw is that if the mastering process was even slightly flawed, you'll be able to hear it. On the plus side, these have the flattest frequency and phase response under about $10,000. They don't have any significant resonances either, making them some of the easiest headphones to drive.

If you want some headphones that are more laid back, but still among the best studio reference headphones out there, take a look at the Sennheiser HD600s and HD650s.

You can pay a lot more for headphones, but if you want a flat frequency response, solid phase response, and relative immunity from the source, those are as good as you'll ever need.

Dalton Stamp

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

I'd love to tell you what I want out of the headphones but I've only ever used turtle beach x12s so im utterly clueless when it comes to good headphones, the only things im really looking for is something with good bass, little distortion and that can also be used for gaming, the hd650s look quite good though

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
gaming is more or less clarity and lots of bass, that is why i mention a sony headphones

of course there is alot better options but you already have a decent headphones

i do prefer closed headphones, to avoid the ambient noise, open headphones leave all the noise form the ambient to come it

but they are more confortable to wear for longer periods of time

Dalton Stamp

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

They are decent headphones but they're starting to fall apart as I've had them for so long and they're just not very comfortable, I'm just looking for something at a much higher price point than the x12's that are good for gaming,, listening to music and watching movies, and nice bass that fits in the £250-£320 price point

Tommy Shiels

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
I would recommend the Corsair Void Headset 7.1 Dolby. They have a great sound to them. Solid design and structure. good value at approx £80. I use them for both Music and Gaming.

Solution