Need help with Lenovo Idea Pad Z710

chrisjaz

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
Hi ,Just got the above laptop and need some help please.
I have already done the recovery button to get it back to how factory state.As i had pop ups and all sorts coming on , totally bewilded !
I am wondering if there is any loaded programs i can get rid of and how ?
I am also not sure which internet browser to use , firefox , oprea ect.... which one would be best , i use yahoo as my home page at present and use it for email and also have a live email account
to .
It is windows 8.1 i am using windows 7 at present which i love , this one seems so confusing .
What is the best way to start with this , i don't want to mess it up but also don't want anything on it i won't use or need , i know they come with software pre loaded but i am not sure which to keep and which to get rid of.
If you got this computer what would be the first thing you would do ?
Please if anyone can help i would really appreciate it .
Thanks
Christina

Solution
You can use a software named PCDecrapifier to mark several apps and uninstall them all at once. It's better you get rid of all the software from CyberLink, they are all crap. There are plenty of 3rd party apps for mounting images and burning DVDs such as DaemonTools and ImgBurn.

Try firefox or google chrome. They are the best, 'cause I use them both.

You can get a hang of Windows 8.1 by using it regularly. I used to get confused at first and now that I use Windows 8.1 on my laptop and desktop, I cannot go back to Windows 7. I find it better.

1.Pin the Task Manager onto the taskbar.
2.Try to use it without 3rd party start menus. I rarely use the start screen and those things eat up RAM and slow down booting procedure.
3. Whenever...

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
You can use a software named PCDecrapifier to mark several apps and uninstall them all at once. It's better you get rid of all the software from CyberLink, they are all crap. There are plenty of 3rd party apps for mounting images and burning DVDs such as DaemonTools and ImgBurn.

Try firefox or google chrome. They are the best, 'cause I use them both.

You can get a hang of Windows 8.1 by using it regularly. I used to get confused at first and now that I use Windows 8.1 on my laptop and desktop, I cannot go back to Windows 7. I find it better.

1.Pin the Task Manager onto the taskbar.
2.Try to use it without 3rd party start menus. I rarely use the start screen and those things eat up RAM and slow down booting procedure.
3. Whenever you install an app, you can go to the task manager, select Startup tab and choose which apps to run at startup. Just disable everything except from Audio, touchpad, chipset software.
and that is enough for you to have a lovely computing experience.

Solution