Need help with my laptops

trustgeek

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
Hi

I have owned three laptops in the past and have the following problems with them. Any help on these will be appreciated!

1. I had an Acer extensa 4620 laptop which I bought in around 2008, and the hinges broke in around 3 years of usage and the screen would go white or it had some lines on the screen and the laptop would not stay straight. I had to hold down near the power button while I worked on it. I had given it for repairing but the hinges broke again and it wouldnt detect the webcam. The same problems started with the screen again and now it wont work.

2. Toshiba Satellite laptop wont work unless the laptop charger is plugged in. It refuses to charge and keeps heating up within 10 minutes of usage.

3. Asus Zenbook- There was a weird plastic lining in the laptop where the charger is plugged into (Power jack?) and that broke and now the charger wont fit. Also the charger wouldnt stay put in the laptop and I had to keep it entangled with some weight on top of the charger and the power jack so that it would not mess up the battery settings (every time the charger would be plugged in, it would change to high performance setting and once plugged out it would change to battery saving performance setting, and also change the brightness option alongwith the changes)

What do I do with these laptops?? I am doubtful of going to service centres after looking at their google reviews. If I were to get these serviced, what terms would I use to fix the components of the laptops

1. Replace the screen again, although for a system from 2008 it's likely cheaper to just replace the whole thing.

2. Replace the battery, clean out insides, remove the heatsink, apply new thermal paste, install heatsink again.

3. Get the jack replaced.

Not sure why you are asking on here really, it's up to you if you want to fix them, fix them if they are worth enough to spend the money on or do the work yourself. Probably the only one worth fixing is the Zenbook, it's not too pricey to get a jack replaced in most laptops.