Need help with new HT&HTPC control from separate room

Justinmb77

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hi all

I could really use some help here with a new system in a new house we will be building

As a compromise with my wife I will be building a separate room behind the projector screen for all the equipment and the speakers will be all in wall I think we will be using B&W CWM8 series.

I need some help on how to accomplish this as I am sure my wireless keyboard and mouse will not work through the wall.
The other problem is the whole home audio distribution we are in Germany I am a Canadian here for about a year and here I keep getting told to use a few little sonos amps which I am not a fan of, if I am wrong please let me know.

PC set up

Case=Fractal R4 pcgh edition
MOBO=Asus Maximus VI Formula
PSU=Seasonic 80+ platinum 660w
CPU= Core i7 4770k
CPU Fan=Dark Rock 2
RAM=2x8gb 2133MHz corsair vengance
SSD=Samsung 840pro 256gb
HDD=4x3TB WD green drives
BRD=Asus BW-16D1HT
Current Display=Samsung UE55F8090
OS= windows 8.1pro
Key Board= Logitech K830
Mouse= Logitech M310

I have yet to purchase a audio or video card because it will be another 8 months to a year before building will be finished and I was unsure of what would be needed and for the current use the on-board works great paired with the TV and a set of M-Audio BX8

Any opinions on a good audio/video card for such a set up would be appreciated

as this level of set up is new to me.

EG1-page-0_zps7c046fd6.jpg

The projector and scree will be in the Fenster room the equipment in the Abst. room

Thanks Justin

Not sure why the Sonos ConnectAmp would come up for this type of installation. You could use them for whole house audio for other rooms and use a Connect for the home theater.
For this room you need a surround sound receiver that would connect to your PC (and other sources) via HDMI. It would power the speakers.
A Harmony remote with Hub could be programmed for system. They have an app for the Hub too. The macros make the system easy to everyone in the household to use.
You can operate the PC with an app that would associate with the software you want to use. If you want to use a keyboard /mouse then use a USB extension cable to place the receiver inside the room. I would look into a keyboard/trackpad combo as easier to use on a sofa and will have more range than the usual ones designed for desktop use.

Justinmb77

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013