Need Help with New Samsung cutting off top and bottom of picture

televisionnew

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
We recently purchased a Samsung UN6350 series 40 inch LED smart t.v. It is cutting off the top of heads and the bottom of words. We called Samsung tech and they walked us through setting it on 16.9 ratio...that did not help. They told us it was in our cable box so we called COMCAST and they walked us through setting the cable box on 16.9 ratio. That didn't work so Comcast said to call Samsung and Samsung said call Comcast...Help!!! Thanks for your suggestions.

Solution
What channel number are you trying to view where the heads (top) and words (bottom) are cut off?

Comcast, in my area (MN), sets the standard definition channels to the lower 2-digit range of channels (2-99). These channels are often in a 4:3 display ration. The high-definition channels in my area range from the 200s to 900s and many of these (but not all) are in the 16:9 format.

One other this I would check to see is if you have a Zoom option for your TV and whether it's set above the default setting.

-Wolf sends
What channel number are you trying to view where the heads (top) and words (bottom) are cut off?

Comcast, in my area (MN), sets the standard definition channels to the lower 2-digit range of channels (2-99). These channels are often in a 4:3 display ration. The high-definition channels in my area range from the 200s to 900s and many of these (but not all) are in the 16:9 format.

One other this I would check to see is if you have a Zoom option for your TV and whether it's set above the default setting.

-Wolf sends

Solution

zindarosa

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

zindarosa

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
hello, have you been able to solve your problem? my 10 month baby pressed a few buttons on my remote control and i am not able to figure out how to fix it. it is also cuting top and bottom. but it was fine before the baby decided to play with the remote!
help please. i have tried everything i can with picture kode and picture size. it is not working at all...

drapacz

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
I hope you've figured this out by now. I spent a day reading forums.
Easy fix for me!!!
On my CABLE CLICKER was a tiny button "HD zoom"...
I didn't know it did anything. It fixed the picture. i had to put it back on normal...