need help with pioneer sc-lx 87 receiver set up settings

coorva591

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
hi
i've got pioneer SC-LX 87 receiver and using only 2 floor standing speakers for stereo. at the receiver settings set up - speaker system, i don't see any configuration that match my 2 ch stereo speakers connection. there is only 9.1, 7.1, 5.1 different options but there is no 2.1 option or stereo mode to choose. please guide what is the correct settings.
whem i'm entering to the speaker settings, and set the SW to "no", the front is set up automaticly to large, which is ok but then i have to choose X.OVER set up between 50hz or 80 hz or 200hz even that there is no SW connected. isn't my front large speakers should do the crossover by themself? how can i decide what will be the crossover point?
thanks
tom

Solution
The crossover point will only affect your speakers if you turn on the subwoofer output and set the front speakers to small (2.1).
If you set all your unused speakers as none. The receiver will go to 2.0. Front speaker are full range. The crossover is defeated.
The crossover point is only for when you use a subwoofer and surround speakers so the setting is meaningless in your case.
Set the front L/R to large. Set the sub and all other speakers to none.
If you can't do that then just select stereo as your mode for each input and the receiver will remember that.

coorva591

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
the setting is not meaningless. it's got abig influence on my speakers. this is why i wrote this post in the first place.
i wrote in my post that i set the SW to off and the surround is off too but still i have to decide about the crossover point
i mention another problem in my post regarding the "speaker system" set up