Need Some Serious Help

AmidaDontKnow

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
So i gained a bad virus and had to restart my computer, it keeps freezing on 62% so I turned it off and tried again a few more times (He gave me the choice to continue) I thought I could help it out bt deleting some files on the computer my sis had added (Since it used to be her computer) and clicked No at the first part and clicked continue. Now it wont stop showing Acer; Explore Beyond Limits and going black and doing the same thing again. And I tried turning the computer off as well and it keeps doing it. I have no idea what to do. I think I [watch your language] up my computer. Its an Acer AO1-131-C9RK if that helps any.

Solution

SinplySeven

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
Questions.
1. What did you do that makes you think you (or your sister) got a virus?
2. Have you dropped the computer?
3. Did you shut it off when it was running updates?
4. What did you delete and what did you download?
5. Do you see any error codes?

AmidaDontKnow

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016

I ended up clicking a friends link they sent me and it ended up downloading some shit and I got the virus, I searched up ways to get it off, but when I tried putting the virus in the trash can it said it couldn't do that. So when i tried restarting it it kept freezing at 62% and I turned it off and tried again. I just know it download Chromium, which quite a few people I guess got a virus from, so I thought that was it, but it was a chrome bar thing that stayed at the top of my computer read as App in Task Manager, it helped when i ended the thing, but it kept multiplying so I ended each one and tried deleting their file, but it wouldn't let me. And I have no idea. I followed what a youtube tech dude did for Chromium. I'm not very techy. Its my only computer and I'm broke as shit and my sis didn't get a warranty for it. I use it for online schooling and I think I'm fucked. I'm desperate to get it fixed. (Apologies for my language though. I'm freaking)

AmidaDontKnow

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016

Accidentally placed you reply on the other answer.

SinplySeven

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015

Try going into Safe Mode
STEP 1

Restart the Acer Aspire netbook by pressing the “power” button on the netbook's keyboard or by pressing the “CTRL,” “ALT” and “DEL” keys at the same time.

STEP 2

During startup, hold down the “F8” function key immediately when you see the “Acer” splash screen and the option for entering “Setup.”

STEP 3

Keep pressing the “F8” key until the “Advanced Boot Options” menu appears. If you receive a “keyboard error,” restart the Acer Aspire and repeat step 2.

STEP 4

Use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Safe Mode” selection on the “Advanced Boot Options” menu. The arrow keys are located on the right-hand side of the Acer Aspire keyboard.

STEP 5

Press the “Enter” key to execute the “Safe Mode” selection. The Windows operating system will now start in “Safe Mode” and you can perform a system restore or make needed changes to get your Acer Aspire to boot normally again.

If you can get into your laptop then...

Get a USB flash drive and go to another computer...

Go to: https://www.malwarebytes.com/chameleon/

Download that

Copy it onto a flash drive

Go back to your laptop and plug in the flash drive/open files

Right click on the Chameleon folder and click Extract All -- OK

Open folder and right click on the Chameleon Application Icon and run that program.

Solution