Solved! Need to read data from Dead laptop's Raid 0 hard disks

infernia

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
The nightmare of Alienware continues. My M17X R1 is officially dead after dealing with overheating and fried video cards. It finally failed to power on while on the line with Tech Support. The hard disks are fine and have been removed from the laptop while it is being shipped to ALienware. But they are Raid 0 configuration and full of mission critical info that I can't wait another 3months to get back.
Two SAMSUNG 128 GB SSD SATA-2 HDD drives in Raid 0 config can be read with a dual drive usb enclosure? I don't need to boot with the drives, simply pull off the critical files while I wait for Alienware to do something with the laptop. Can this be done, what is the best enclosure for the job, and will this jeopardize any of my data if I do this?
Thx in advance for any help.

M17X R1 - Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz - 4GB RAM - Dual SSD 128GB - Dual Nvidia 9800GTX SLI (fried) - 2X Blue Ray

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
JoostJoost Laptop Tech Support 2
3 Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 11
D Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Asus laptop doesn't boot, however disk and wireless lights turn off and on in loop, power led always on
Question ASUS Laptop UX430u freezes in sleep, or hibernation, or even when monitor switches off. I have tried everything, even running from bootable disk.
Question My hp windows 10 laptop has 100% disk usage. I tried all the suggestions I could find online, nothing seems to work. Should I replace my hdd?
Solved! Laptop and it's components not working propely after replacing damaged hard disk and installing new windows. I need help, please :(
Question Acer Laptop win 10 can't boot with repair disk.
Question When i turn laptop on,keyboard backlight and charging led light turn on but screen is black,fan not spinning and hard disk not on
Solved! How do I use my phone 2 act like a Windows installer disk for a Toshiba laptop
Solved! I bought a ibm r54 laptop. I think before they sold it to me they erased everything. Is there a way to recover with out a disk
Solved! invalid dynamic disk when accessing old 1TB SATA to newer laptop via external dock
Solved! My laptop doesnt start up. It goes into diagnostics and then repairing disk errors, this might take iver an hour to complete.
Toshiba laptop won't read recovery disk
Laptop is not booting, only blank black screen, i lost my vaio recovery disk
Solved! Which internal hard disk is best for sony Vaio laptop Model No:SVF14212SNW IN5,54576340 and han code:84713010
Solved! VAIO laptop 1511B1EW boot menu on new hard disk
Laptop's HDD not working and not showing
My dell laptop goes to sleep mode automatically
Laptop Internal hard disk drive not found Issue
Why does my Dad's laptop have such a high disk usage %? (Toshiba L840)
I bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago ...when i go to the task manager it says the disk usage is 100%
disk usage 100% laptop too slow to reset with windows recovery thing

ASK THE COMMUNITY