Need to receive any emails as fast as possible

mauz

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
My potential clients who are mostly from lower Manhattan can only send their needs via email and seconds count in my reply. I live in Northern Kentucky. I don’t know if this is possible but I need to figure out a way to receive these emails as quickly as possible – ideally, less than a second after they are delivered to the mail server. I currently have access to 3 email accounts (a gmail, a yahoo and one from my ISP – Spectrum). I could specify to use any one of those for this need or, if I could get the email faster by subscribing to another email service, I would do that as long as there was a trial period where I could test it. I’d also be willing to buy or subscribe to software to accomplish this as well (again, I’d want a trial period). Would a “push” solution be faster than constantly polling one? Any thoughts at all on this would be appreciated.

Solution
Email was never designed for instant contact. Between Send and it appears in your email client, there may be dozens of servers it has to go through. Any of which could introduce some small delay.

Gmail in your browser is probably the shortest path to recipient server and your screen.

But time critical notifications should go via some other means.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Email was never designed for instant contact. Between Send and it appears in your email client, there may be dozens of servers it has to go through. Any of which could introduce some small delay.

Gmail in your browser is probably the shortest path to recipient server and your screen.

But time critical notifications should go via some other means.

Solution

mauz

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007

Thanks for replying. This is what I do now. I just thought there ought to be a better way. By the way, is there any easy way to get SOUND notification when I do this?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Possibly this browser extension (Chrome), Checker Plus.
https://www.maketecheasier.com/get-notifications-for-gmail-in-chrome/

I've never used it, so you get to be the test subject.