Need to Recover Document

lemonboy

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
I'm in a situation where I need to recover an older version of a current document I've been working on. I've gone to the version history, but the version I need is from approximately 11:00 pm on February 19th, and the only two available are from 1:00 am the next morning and 2:00 pm the day prior.

I tried going to the document dated at 1:00 am the next day and just undoing until I got where I needed, but it wouldn't let me go back at all. Is there any way I'd be able to find what I need? It is quite important for me to.

Solution
If they were Word documents, with some luck, if you go into Windows File Explorer and from the View menu, click on tghe down arrow below options. Tick to see all files and folders and untick the Hide system files and folders entry.

Then go through your folders looking for feint printed entries beginning with the $ symbol. They are temporary Word documents and I hope your's is in there.

I could speculate that the time difference is that it's remains open until you power down the system and are saved as part of the shutdown.
If they were Word documents, with some luck, if you go into Windows File Explorer and from the View menu, click on tghe down arrow below options. Tick to see all files and folders and untick the Hide system files and folders entry.

Then go through your folders looking for feint printed entries beginning with the $ symbol. They are temporary Word documents and I hope your's is in there.

I could speculate that the time difference is that it's remains open until you power down the system and are saved as part of the shutdown.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS