cmangle

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005
I recently purchased a (NEW) Gigabyte MB GA-965P-S3 from ebay and it came without an install CD! I also purchased an(USED) ATI All-in-wonder PCI-e X600 which also came without the install CD.
I can't understand why the sellers would want to keep the CD's(they no longer have the hardware for which the install CD was compiled for) now that they've sold the components.
Anyway does anyone have these components and could they send me a copy of the CD, or can I send you a SASE to return send a copy.

thanks chris

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
i never use the cds that come with mobos and video cards, most of the time they've got outdated drivers and utilities anyway. just go to your vendor's web-site and d/l the latest drivers and utilities you need.

P.S.: it is always risky to buy stuff of ebay, especially computer components because if they are defected or have been misused sometimes you can't tell right away. gl

cmangle

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005
thanks, I didn't think about the drivers being current. . .good point.

And from a few other ebay fiasco's I'm learning !!

thanks again

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
no problem, and don't forget to d/l latest chipset driver from intel's site (and it is recommended to install them first).

cmangle

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005
hmmm assman no one has mentioned about the chipset !!

most say website for latest/updated drivers but the chipset didn't come up!

thanks and thanks all

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
yep, it is recommended to install chipset drivers first (especially with vista, installing video drivers before chipset may cause issues). if you have intel chipset you're suppose to d/l chipset from their site (because you'll find the latest version there, don't know about Gigabyte but for my p5b, asus' website has outdated chipset drivers on their web).